Tamiya welcomes back Item 12033 (originally released in 2006) with new Cartograf decals and marking instruction.
In 1977, Renault’s RS-01 (first turbo engine Formula One car) started challenging in races, and in 1979, the RS-10 achieved its first triumph. The RE-20 Turbo was modified version of the RS-10, and this car had a 30kg weight reduction and employed 1.5-liter V6 DOHC twin turbocharged engine capable of around 520hp. Get this re-issued model which depicts the pioneer car of the Formula One turbo engine era.
About the Model
• This is a 1/12 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 389mm, width: 184mm.
• The body is realistically captured in style with a super detailed turbocharger 6-cylinder engine. The drive system such as transmission is also authentically rendered.
• Front and rear suspension equipped with coil springs are movable.
• Screw-attached cowlings are detachable to show interiors such as frame structure and cooling system even after assembly.
• The steering wheel turns the front wheels.
• Side skirts can be moved up and down.
• Features semi-pneumatic synthetic rubber tires.
• Comes with metal-plated parts to recreate wings and air intakes, and photo-etched parts to depict radiator, intercooler, oil cooler and brake discs, and metal transfers for use on side mirrors and instrumental panel (new). (Please use Tamiya CA cement for attachment of photo-etched parts.)
• High-quality decals made by Cartograf are also included.